“What do you want Delta Junction to look like in 10-15 years?”
Delta Junction Trails Association is in the process of drafting the Delta Junction Trail Plan and would like the public to comment on a collection of prospective projects in which the community shows interest.
We asked the community where they wanted to hike, ski, ride, and pedal. The list below shows the results. Be a part of what’s happening in Delta Junction. You can go to the website at http://www.deltajunctiontrails.com/. Find the top 24 prospective trail projects and write a comment, or come to our OPEN HOUSE, August 21st 5-7:30 at the Co-Op Extension Conference Room and check them out. Give us your input!
1. Quartz Lake Area- Want more ski trails, or bike trails?
2. Rika’s Information Center-An addition to Big Delta Historical Park
3. Town Trails-A network of non-motorized trails surrounded by motorized access to town
4. Delta River Walk Park- A centrally located 33 acre place to enjoy Delta.
5. Liewer Trail-16 acres of wooded land for skiing, walking, jogging, and enjoying the out of doors.
6. Bluff Cabin Trail-Existing multi-use, summer/winter trail, need to harden parts of trail
7. Delta River Walk South-Travel along the Delta River behind businesses, what a view
8. Bike Path to Greely-Travel along the highway safely from Delta to Greely
9. Clearwater River H2O-Travel the Clearwater River to Clearwater Lake or to Rika’s
10. Delta River Walk North-Travel from Delta to Rika’s and feel the History of our trails
11. Lisa Lake-Existing trail to F & G stocked lake with cabin, need to harden parts of that trail
12. 1408-Provide access with sustainable trail for 4 wheelers, hikers, hunters, mountain bikers
13. Donnelly Dome-Easy access, parking, with sustainable trail to the best views in Delta
14. Sidewalk Nister (Nistler Walking Path)- Safe access for students/public between the schools
15. Clearwater Lake- Winter and summer multiuse to provide bird & wetland watching
16. Old Pipeline- Motorized & non-motorized wide open trail From Nistler Rd north
17. Clearwater Trail- Restore access to the historic Clearwater trail for motorized and non motorized
18. Coal Mine-Existing trails multi-use, summer & winter, need to harden parts of trail, heavily used
19. Donna Lake-Existing multi-use, summer & winter, need to harden parts of trail, heavily used
20. 1402- Provide access with sustainable trail for 4 wheelers, hikers, hunters, mountain bikers
21. Rainbow Lake- Existing trail to F & G stocked lake, winter access
22. McCumber Creek-Existing multi-use trail access to Granites for camping, hunting, hiking
23. Bike Park-Want to see a safe exciting bicycling park, pump park, flow trails?
24. J. Fowler Cabin Trails-Network of Forestry trails for multi-use in Shaw Creek area
The top 15 have made it into the Delta Community Trail Plan. Give us your thoughts and ideas!
Delta Junction Trails Association